Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Your Home Town... Photo Shoot... Think About It... Springsteen Video You Tube

"My Hometown (Live) Rockefeller Plaza Center 2007 NYC...

["Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown live (Today Show 28.9.2007)"; as submitted to You Tube by
Darulezz on 11/28/07; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLSFcF8SOiw]

A Drive Around Town...



Just starting out... across the way... the MuddyCup... where I hosted (in alliance with MoveOn.org Civic Action) Barack Obama's Inauguration party... now closed down!



Joining the multitude of other business enterprises that have shut their doors (which appears to be happening at a faster and faster clip) over the course of time...



And, oh yeah... whatever did happen with the Kings Inn (also shut down at last notice) on Broadway? [I was approached on that corner by a woman that was apparently (since I don't look like a "John!") looking for some money... I told her I was sorry, that I didn't (I had just left a "pawn" shop of sorts...) have any money either...

She apologized (tragedy piles on tragedy; heartache on heartache) to me...



My husband used to work at Majestic Autos (it was a good sized car dealership at one point!)... which also shut down...

Apparently someone moved into that spot (I'm not up on all specifics) and left this one empty...



"Who do" (a line from one of my books...) "the Voodoo?"



It isn't just Broadway folks... And it isn't just the City of Kingston...



Another car dealership gone bust...



And increasingly slimmer pickings for keeping that old beast of a car on the road as well...



I'd say "creepy" [more photos pending] --- wouldn't you?

And potentially dangerous (as appears to be true here, there and everywhere?) - as well?

Please see the activist opportunities and links to your representatives in the sidebar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[City of Kingston and Town of Ulster (New York State) - Feb. 2009 - Photos (copyrighted) by N.S.]

Peace, Love, Equality and Humane Justice,

NS

No comments:

Post a Comment